Welcome to mhs homes

We are the largest independent landlord in Kent.

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

Universal Credit is coming to Medway

Universal Credit replaces six existing benefits for working-age people into one single monthly payment:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

What’s different about Universal Credit?

  • It'll be paid into your chosen bank account
  • You'll get one monthly payment for your whole household
  • Your rent will be included in the single monthly payment
  • You'll have to pay us your rent directly
  • It's claimed online

Get ready in 4 simple steps...

It doesn't have to be scary

1. Get ahead with your rent

It could take weeks for your Universal Credit claim to be processed.

During this time you'll need to pay your rent.

Act now

Pay an extra £5 a week to your rent account so you don't risk going into debt.

The rent monster

2. Get the right bank account

Universal Credit gets paid monthly straight into your chosen bank account.

Act now

  • If you’re overdrawn consider starting afresh with a new bank account
  • If you’re a couple, choose one account to receive the payment or set up a new joint account
  • Set up direct debits for your rent

Need help to set up a new bank account or start a direct debit for your rent?

The bank monster

3. Stick to a monthly budget

Your Universal Credit payment will be paid directly to you and you need to pay your rent.

Act now

  • Don’t risk falling into debt on your rent by planning a monthly budget and sticking to it.
  • Set up direct debits so your bills are paid the same day as you receive your Universal Credit payment.

Speak to a Tenancy Support Officer for help with budgeting.

Budget monster

4. Get online

You'll need to apply for and manage your Universal Credit online.

Act now

Make sure you have access to the internet with the skills and confidence to use it.

If you're not confident online, contact us to get some help.

The online monster