How to pay your rent
Your rent account
- If you rent a home or a garage from us, you'll have a rent account with us
- Your rent account is the pot that keeps all the payments you make in. And it's where we take from when your rent is due
- We take your rent payments from this account every Monday. But you can pay into it any day of the week. You can even pay into it monthly, if you like. You just need to pay more in one go, if you do it this way
- You have to pay rent two weeks in advance. So you're always ahead of yourself.
But remember, if you don't pay your rent, you could end up losing your home.
If you are finding it hard to pay your rent, please don’t suffer in silence. Get in touch with us. One of our specialist advisors can help you work out a repayment plan that will help you avoid going to court or losing your home.
Paying by Direct Debit
One of the easiest ways to pay is by setting up a Direct Debit. This is especially useful if you get paid straight into your bank account.
A Direct Debit will mean the money is paid to us straight from your bank when it's due, and you don't have to do anything more (other than make sure there's enough money in your account to pay for it).
Here's the reasons why you should do it:
- Setting up a Direct Debit takes the hassle out of making your payments. It's one less thing to worry about or remember
- You can set it up quickly and easily. All you need to do is give us a call
- When you call all you need is your name, address and bank details with you
- If you prefer you can fill out a Direct Debit request form yourself and send it in. We'll then call you back as soon as we get it
With a Direct Debit you can choose how often you can pay. It can be every week, every two weeks or every month (the payments will change depending on how often you'd like to pay).
You can also decide which day of the week the money is taken from your bank account.
It doesn't matter as long as it's with us by the time it's due.
You can pay your rent online now or at other any time with your account.
Paying over the phone
You can pay using our secure payment phone line now or at any other time (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Just call 01634 565333 and follow the instructions.