We help people – often on lower incomes, who can’t afford to buy a home outright – rent or part-buy a home.
• We own and manage about 8,500 homes – with about 20,000 residents - in the Medway, Maidstone and Gravesham areas of Kent
• This makes us the largest independent social landlord in the UK
• We build over 150 new homes every year
• We employ more than 250 people, many of them based at our Broadside office in Chatham
We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, so we have a lot of experience to draw on. And we pride ourselves on trying to find answers to even the trickiest of customers’ challenges.
Our group is split into two parts: Heart of Medway Housing Association and mhs community charity.
• Heart of Medway is responsible for all the new homes we build and the homes we buy. It’s registered with the Homes and Communities Agency – which means we need to follow its standards and rules
• Our mhs community charity looks after the people who live in our homes and provides services they need. It also supports the local community
What’s important to us?
We know the work we do can have a big impact on people’s lives and we want to do the very best we can.
We believe in our CREATE values. CREATE stands for Community, Respect, Excellence, Agility, Teamwork, Enjoyment.
We want to help create community, create places where people want to live and create enjoyment.
Like the sound of us? Want to join our team?
Our teams do a lot of different jobs. You can see if there are any that you fancy here.