Exit this page

How to get help and support if you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse.

If you're in immediate danger

Call 999 immediately if you or someone you know is in danger.

If you need the police but can't speak

If you're in danger and unable to talk on the phone, listen to the questions from the operator and if possible respond by coughing or tapping the head set.

On a mobile you may be prompted to press 55, this will transfer your call to the police.

On a landline if only background noise can be heard and operators cannot decide whether an emergency service is needed, then you will be connected to a police call handler.

If you replace the handset, the landline may remain connected for 45 seconds in case you pick up again.

When 999 calls are made from landlines, information about your location should be automatically available to the call handlers to help provide a response.

If you're not in immediate danger

If someone isn't in immediate danger and needs help, contact the police on 101.

Exit this page

Support services for domestic abuse

This is a list of organisations you can get in touch with for support.

Domestic abuse support services in Kent and Medway

Domestic abuse services website

Domestic Abuse One Stop Shop

Sunlight Centre, Richmond Road, Gillingham

Every Tuesday - 9.30am - 12noon (no appointment needed)

Exit this page

Choices - Providing specialist domestic abuse services

Choices website

Helpline 0800 917 9948

Email: info@choicesdaservice.org.uk

Exit this page

Medway Council

Report adult abuse

Medway Council website

Call 01634 334466 (8:30am - 5pm). Outside of these hours call 03000 419 191.

Report concern about a child

Medway Council website

If you think the child is at immediate risk of harm call straightaway on 01634 334 466 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm outside of these hours call 03000 419 191.

Exit this page

Kent County Council

Concerned about an adult?

Kent County Council website

Call 03000 41 61 61 (text relay 18001 03000 41 61 61)

Email social.services@kent.gov.uk

Concerned about a child?

Kent County Council website

Call 03000 41 11 11 (text relay 18001 03000 41 11 11)

Email social.services@kent.gov.uk


Exit this page

Kent Police

Kent Police website

Report domestic abuse to Kent Police online or call them on 101.

If you're in immediate danger call 999 immediately.

Exit this page